If you love french fries but you would like to find a healthier option, you will love this parmesan potato sticks recipe.
These “fries” are homemade and baked instead of fried so they make a healthy snack option for you and your kids or a great healthier side for you burger!
Parmesan Potato Sticks
-Measuring cups and spoons
-Knife and Cutting Board
-Cookie sheets and spatula
-1 ½ pounds potato
-2 tbsp. melted margarine
-1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
-1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
-1/4 tsp. paprika
-1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1. Wash potatoes thoroughly; do not peel.
2. Cut lengthwise into quarters and then cut each quarter into thirds.
3. Coat potatoes with margarine. Combine crumbs, cheese, and seasonings. Coat the potatoes in the mixture by turning the potatoes in the mixture.
4. Place potatoes in a single layer on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
5. Divide into one-half cup portions and serve immediately.
Serving size: ½ cup
Fat: 6 g
Photo Credit: Jo Ann Chaus
This recipe was developed and shared by Nicole Selinsky Nutrition Director at Camp Pocono Trails, a weight loss camp in Pennsylvania for kids ages 7-19.