Would you and your kids eat a bowl of Kale? We have a great way to enjoy kale that is sure to be a hit at your house! Kale is a superfood that is extremely good for us but it does have a rather strong flavor that can take some getting used to. This also happens to be a fantastic recipe to get your kids in the kitchen as these kale chips are easy and fun to make.
• Bunch of kale
• Olive oil
• Sea Salt
• Garlic Powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry the kale leaves.
- Remove the leaves from their stem by holding the base of the stem and with your other hand slightly pinch and rub up the stem. Just like we do in our video
- Rip the kale into smaller bite size pieces.
- Place the kale on a baking sheet and pour on the olive oil.
- Be sure to really massage the oil into all the leaves or have your kids paint it on with a basting brush.
- Lightly sprinkle with Sea Salt. We also like to add a pinch of garlic powder.
- Spread the leaves around so that they aren’t touching – you want a single spaced out layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 – 15 mins. Every oven is different so for your first batch keep a close eye on them so they don’t start to burn.
- After they’ve cooled down enjoy your crispy Kale Chips!
Happy Healthy Eating,
A guest post by Kia Robertson. Kia is a mom and the creator of the Today I Ate A Rainbow kit; a tool that helps parents establish healthy habits by setting the goal of eating a rainbow of fruits and vegetables every day. Kia is passionate about creating tools that help parents raise healthy kids